Dante Liano was awarded the prestigious Premio Nacional de Literatura in 1991 and was twice finalist of the Premio Herralde de Novela (in 1987 and 2002). He was born in the province of Chimaltenango (Guatemala) in 1948. A PhD in Literature by the University of Florence in 1977, he has worked as a Professor of Latin American literature at the Universities of Milano, Bolonia, Feltre, Brescia and San Carlos (Guatemala). He collaborates as a literature critic in several newspapers. He lives in Italy since 1980.
Dante Liano has previously published El hijo de casa (Roca, 2004; Sperling e Kupfer, 2003), El hombre de Montserrat (Roca, 2005; Sperling e Kupfer, 1999) and El misterio de San Andrés (Roca, 2006; Sperling e Kupfer, 1998). He has also published a series of children books together with Peace Nobel price winner Rigoberta Menchú.
- El hijo de casa (Roca, 2004; Sperling e Kupfer, 2003)
- El hombre de Montserrat (Roca, 2005; Sperling e Kupfer, 1999)
- El misterio de San Andrés (Roca, 2006; Sperling e Kupfer, 1998)
- Finalist of the Herralde Prize for the Novel in 1987 and 2002
- National Prize for Literature 1991